- No swimming without a lifeguard.
- Shower before you enter the pool.
- No Diving
- No Running
- No Horseplay
- No glass or gum is permitted.
- Y equipment & starting blocks are only to be used with a Y coach or instructor.
- Children under 50” must be within arm’s reach of a guardian unless they can pass a swim test.
Leisure pool depth ranges from 0’’ to 3’6” – parents/guardians must stay within arm’s reach of non-swimming children.
Children age 7 and younger must have a parent/guardian in the aquatic facility. Children age 8 and older can swim without parental supervision if able to pass the swim test and parent remains in building.
- Proper swim attire must be worn (no t-shirts, cut offs, etc.).
- Infants and toddlers 4 and under must wear a Y approved swim diaper at all times. No regular diapers permitted.
- No hanging on float lines or lap lanes.
- Enter the water facing forward.
- Persons with bandages, open cuts, or contagious diseases are not allowed.
- No climbing, walking, or sitting on pool walls.
- U.S.C.G. approved floatation devices only.
Children will be asked to perform a swim test by aquatic staff. Swimmers must then wear the appropriate colored band while swimming in the pool.
- Persons under 50” tall are required to swim test before riding the slide or being allowed deeper than shoulder height.
- A swim test will consist of swimming 20 yards, without stopping, maintaining forward movement, with the head on or at the surface of the water.
- Satisfactory completion of a swim test will award the swimmer a GREEN neck band. Those who are unable to pass the test will be awarded a RED neck band and must stay within arms reach of a parent or guardian.
- Lifeguards may request any person, child or adult, to swim test at any time, for any reason.
- Lap Pool is for fitness & therapy use only.
- Pool Equipment (kickboards etc.) are used for instruction purposes and lap swim only.
- Safety breaks may be conducted every hour.
- Click here for current swimming and aquatic class schedules.
- Temperatures as recommended by the YMCA of the USA (+/– 2 degrees):
Splash Pool 86 degrees