The Y offers both full-time and part-time career opportunities in a variety of areas. As the largest non-profit organization in the world, the Y offers a rewarding and challenging career path full of growth opportunities and experiences reaching across the globe. We are committed to providing our team members with the tools they need to succeed.
After School Program Leader
- Must be at least 16 years old
- Must be available M-F 2pm-6pm
- Experience working with kids ages 5-9 preferred
- Location may vary, to include Bellevue, Hailey and Alturas Elementary Schools
- Full and part-time positions
- Interviews and Swim Skills test
CERTIFICATION COURSE PREREQUISITES:
- American Safety & Health Institutes self study e-course— Approximately 5hrs
- Y-USA Lifeguard self study e-course—Approximately 2hrs
- Next certification course: TBA
Competitive starting pay, Y membership for you and family, health insurance (for full time)
Email Margaret Kraft firstname.lastname@example.org or call 208-928-6707
AmeriCorps VISTA Greenhouse and Volunteer Program Coordinator
Position Start Date 3/2/2018-3/1/2/19
- Improve upon Y efforts in terms of volunteer recruitment and management to better support program sustainability and success. Establish volunteer recruitment, protocol and retention strategies as well as appreciation. Enhance a culture of volunteerism at the Y.
- Ensure that all Y Volunteers have the tools and skills needed to perform their job to the required standards.
- Creating the foundation of agriculture and outdoor education curriculum for elementary age children.
- Establish garden infrastructure and procedures for smooth operations and a growing plan as it relates to ongoing curriculum.
- Build upon current partnerships with community organizations as well as establishing new meaningful collaborative community partnerships.
- Some college preferred.
- Must be over the age of 18.
- Experience with non profits, greenhouse and gardening preferred.
- Must have a high level of organization skills as well as excellent communication skills.
- Must be a self starter and be able to work independently.
Power Scholars Academy Camp
Do you believe that all children have extraordinary potential – that all children can be scholars? Do you want to work with educators who share your belief, and who are committed to delivering the best learning experiences possible for the scholars who need them most? Power Scholars Academy is the place for you! Join Power Scholars Academy to teach, enrich, inspire, and transform children into scholars. Work with Power Scholars Academy and change the world, one scholar at a time. The summer learning program is designed to address summer learning loss for low-income children living in the BCSD community and thereby enhance overall youth development, academic performance, and graduation rates.
Grades served this summer include rising 2nd, 3rd and 4th grade. Program will take place at Alturas Elementary School in Hailey. Multiple positions available.
- Pre-program training will occur June 11–18th. Dates and times TBD.
- Program dates June 25th-August 3rd. Must be available for the entire program. No exceptions.
- Hours vary by position, please see job description for specific hours.
- Must attend and complete all training’s
- Group interviews will be conducted in the spring until positions are filled.
Contact Teressa Johnson to apply or with questions. email@example.com or 208-928-6701