The Y offers both full-time and part-time career opportunities in a variety of areas. As the largest non-profit organization in the world, the Y offers a rewarding and challenging career path full of growth opportunities and experiences reaching across the globe. We are committed to providing our team members with the tools they need to succeed.
Child Watch Attendant
Looking for individuals to give leadership, direction, and supervision to children and participants in temporary child care for infant and preschool aged children. These individuals must be responsible, energetic and enjoy working with children.
- This is a part time position that may have morning, evening or weekend shifts. 10-15 hours a a week.
- Experience working with children ages 8 weeks to 7 years old preferred.
- Create a welcoming and fun space for young children to play, explore and learn.
- Work with a team to supervise and engage with children while keeping a clean environment.
- Engage youth ages 5-9 in the wonders of gardening, greenhouses and outdoor education.
- Must have experience working with kids
- Must have gardening expereince
- This is a seasonal part time position
After School Program Leader
- Must be at least 16 years old
- Must be available M-F 2pm-6pm
- Experience working with kids ages 5-9 preferred
- Location may vary, to include Bellevue, Hailey and Alturas Elementary Schools
Climbing Wall Program Leader
The Y is seeking an enthusiastic, organized, and attentive individual to help oversee our climbing wall programs and climbing summer day camps.
- Must have experience working with kids
- Climbing experience is a plus, but willing to train that right individual.
- This is a part time position, with opportunity to continue employment after the summer season.
Contact email@example.com with questions and to apply.
- Full and part-time positions
- Application MUST BE SUBMITTED by 4/9. Interviews and Swim Skills test follows.
- Red Cross life guard training including CPR, first aid and oxygen— Approximately 30hrs
- Next certification course: April 24
Competitive starting pay, Y membership for you and family, health insurance (for full time)
Email Margaret Kraft firstname.lastname@example.org or call 208-928-6707
AmeriCorps VISTA Greenhouse and Volunteer Program Coordinator
Position Start Date 3/2/2018-3/1/2/19
- Improve upon Y efforts in terms of volunteer recruitment and management to better support program sustainability and success. Establish volunteer recruitment, protocol and retention strategies as well as appreciation. Enhance a culture of volunteerism at the Y.
- Ensure that all Y Volunteers have the tools and skills needed to perform their job to the required standards.
- Creating the foundation of agriculture and outdoor education curriculum for elementary age children.
- Establish garden infrastructure and procedures for smooth operations and a growing plan as it relates to ongoing curriculum.
- Build upon current partnerships with community organizations as well as establishing new meaningful collaborative community partnerships.
- Some college preferred.
- Must be over the age of 18.
- Experience with non profits, greenhouse and gardening preferred.
- Must have a high level of organization skills as well as excellent communication skills.
- Must be a self starter and be able to work independently.
Power Scholars Academy Camp
Do you believe that all children have extraordinary potential – that all children can be scholars? Do you want to work with educators who share your belief, and who are committed to delivering the best learning experiences possible for the scholars who need them most? Power Scholars Academy is the place for you! Join Power Scholars Academy to teach, enrich, inspire, and transform children into scholars. Work with Power Scholars Academy and change the world, one scholar at a time. The summer learning program is designed to address summer learning loss for low-income children living in the BCSD community and thereby enhance overall youth development, academic performance, and graduation rates.
Grades served this summer include rising 2nd, 3rd and 4th grade. Program will take place at Alturas Elementary School in Hailey. Multiple positions available.
- Pre-program training will occur June 11–18th. Dates and times TBD.
- Program dates June 25th-August 3rd. Must be available for the entire program. No exceptions.
- Hours vary by position, please see job description for specific hours.
- Must attend and complete all training’s
- Group interviews will be conducted in the spring until positions are filled.
Contact Teressa Johnson to apply or with questions. email@example.com or 208-928-6701